INDIANAPOLIS --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 11, 2020-- Anthem, Inc. introduced today a suite of digital tools that provide in-depth, trusted, and aggregated information for multiple stakeholders to use in making informed, data-driven decisions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Led by Anthem , Inc.’s new C19 Explorer and C19 Navigator, these decision support tools are also designed to assist public health officials and business leaders as they plan for re-opening and return-to-workplace. This work is part of Anthem’s best-in-class data scientists and clinicians collaborating with a global alliance of leaders, such as TM, CloudMedx, xy.ai, and doc.ai.
“During these challenging times, we understand the need for a central location of reliable information,” said Rajeev Ronanki , Chief Digital Officer at Anthem, Inc. “We continue to leverage the power and capabilities of data and Artificial Intelligence to provide insights to support decision makers as they work to combat this pandemic. This collaborative effort to introduce C19 Explorer and C19 Navigator is another example of Anthem’s commitment to leadership, innovation, and agility as we work to support our local communities.”
Anthem will make these tools easily accessible to stakeholders through its new portal, which will contain links to the suite of COVID-related tools Anthem has introduced in the past several weeks to help consumers. The tools include:
- C19 Explorer: Intended for government officials, healthcare leaders and community leaders, C19 Explorer provides intuitive, interactive dashboards on the COVID-19 situation – both current and predictive – regarding areas such as infection rate and community risk scores. It also features helpful analysis and visualization that leaders may use in assessing a community’s readiness to re-open and planning next steps. The dashboards combine public and private data at the federal, state, and county levels.
- C19 Navigator: C19 Navigator is designed for Anthem employer customers, including states and other governmental entities, for their plan populations, to provide clinical insight and predictions, as these organizations consider their next steps on how to reopen. Medicare and Medicaid officials will be able to access analytics they may find helpful as they work with their populations during this time. C19 Navigator will continue to evolve to meet the needs of employers and government officials. Anthem employer customers, as well as Medicare and Medicaid officials, should work with their Anthem business partners regarding access to this tool.
- Sydney Care : Digital-first consumer application that delivers personalized engagement and real-time access to health information, telehealth services, and AI-driven symptom checker. Sydney Care also allows consumers to connect with virtual primary care, via text or video chat; as well as take a coronavirus assessment and find a COVID-19 testing location. The app also has a new Daily COVID-19 Check-In feature, a survey intended to aid companies in assessing individual’s readiness to enter the workplace on a daily basis.
- Safer Entry to Workplace (via Biometric Passport): Biometric Passport includes the ability to evaluate employees’ possible COVID-19 symptoms through daily attestations, empowering employers to use this information for strategic planning. This tool collects a user’s health information through a simple, daily survey and generates an encrypted QR code. Responses stay on a user’s phone – and are never shared with the employers. Employers will only know whether or not the employee is granted access to enter based on their requirements.
- Family Caregiver Support (via ianacare): Through the ianacare free mobile app, consumers can mobilize personal social circles of friends, family, coworkers and neighbors to coordinate practical help with everyday needs such as dropping off groceries, picking up medications from the pharmacy, virtual check-ins and emotional connection.
- Mental Health Resources (via PsychHub): PsychHub is a COVID-19 mental health resource hub that provides a range of resources designed to help people, their families, and care providers cope with pandemic-related stress brought on by social isolation, job loss, and other challenges.
- Social Care Network (via Aunt Bertha): Anthem has partnered with Aunt Bertha, a leading social care network, which helps connect individuals and families to free and reduced-cost social services in their communities. These programs include COVID-19-specific assistance, such as food delivery and help paying for bills. All consumers can access the more than 350,000 programs, which are available in every zip code across the U.S.
In addition, the portal will include links to new tools and resources that Anthem creates to help government officials, local leaders, employers, business leaders, and individuals with their decision-making as they begin to navigate and adjust to evolving community and workplace environments due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
About Anthem, Inc.
Anthem is a leading health benefits company dedicated to improving lives and communities, and making healthcare simpler. Through its affiliated companies, Anthem serves more than 108 million people, including more than 42 million within its family of health plans. We aim to be the most innovative, valuable and inclusive partner. For more information, please visit www.antheminc.com or follow @AnthemInc on Twitter.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200611005103/en/
Source: Anthem, Inc.